2012年9月4日 星期二

Working With The Amazing Presto 23 Quart Pressure Cooker Canner


If you like preserving food for future consumption or making jams or jellies, then a pressure canner might work best for you. I personally recommend the Presto 23-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner. Why did I choose this specific brand of canner? Well, in this article I will point out the reasons.

First of all, let me talk about pressure canning and cooking as a whole. A good to know fact is that the USDA recommends pressure canning as the only method that is safe for low-acid foods, like meats, veggies, fruits and poultry. After canning, these products can be placed in the pantry for the whole year and they will still taste as fresh and as healthy as they were before. This only means one thing - canning is not only safe, it is also economical since it can lower your food bill. Owning your own canner can be very beneficial to you also because unlike commercially canned or frozen products, you can actually control what ingredients you want to be in your food. Pressure cooking, on the other hand, can tenderize lean cuts of meat, vegetables or fish even faster than a microwave without losing moisture. Nutrients and flavor are also retained with this procedure.

Now, lets us tackle what the Presto pressure cooker/canner is made up of. The body of the product is made of heavy-duty aluminum which you can clean with fine metal polish occasionally to retain its shine. It also has heat-isolated handles, a lid/cover that seals steam in which you can lock during the actual cooking and a pressure dial gauge that regulates the pressure and temperature. Just make sure that you follow the steps written in the detailed instruction booklet thoroughly to be able to use this product more effectively. Special safety issues that refer to pressure cookers are very well explained too, so you should take time to read them especially if this is your first time using this product.

I really love this particular brand of pressure cooker because aside from the fact that it is affordable, I love the way it works too. Materials used are also not cheap and Presto has really met my standards. Family meals are extra special when I trust my meats with Presto. My son particularly loves the softness of the meat, and my daughter just can't get enough of the strawberry jam. It has really made me feel an expert in the kitchen somehow, even though my audience are my kids most of the time. Truly, a mother will really feel happy when your kids love your recipes!




Click here to see where I got my own Presto 23 Quart Pressure Cooker Canner.





This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

沒有留言:

張貼留言